Saturday, July 14, 2007

Adoption Journey

As some of you know the last week and a half has been a whirlwind journey of God revealing Himself abundantly clearly to us that we were to pursue the adoption of a special needs boy in China. We were past the point of “God are you really calling us to do this” and moved to the point of “God we believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are in this. We are ready to move forward with this but pray that if this not be your will that you will clearly close the door”. Tonight that door closed. We spoke with our international pediatrician, who in consultation with a geneticist, told us that she is very concerned about the health of this little boy. In a nutshell, he was born small, but not abnormally. In two years though, he apparently has not grown much bigger than what would be a SMALL one year old. She told us that in her medical opinion, she is very concerned that there is something going on inside him that could be extremely serious.

Sometimes the answers we receive are not the ones that we hope for. But answers and guidance are what we pray for, and when we do so with all our heart, God is faithful to provide. We are abundantly grateful for His faithfulness to give us CLEAR direction even though it may hurt at the time.

Let me close here with two thoughts. Just this afternoon, prior to knowing all this was to happen, I read part of a book by Max Lucado. In there he states the following: “We can use any tragedy as a stumbling block or a stepping stone…I hope this will not cause my family to be bitter. I hope I can be an example that God is wanting us to trust in the good times and the bad. For if we don’t trust when times are tough, we don’t trust at all.”

And finally, over the last month or so I’ve been stuck on a new song by Mercy Me. Haven’t’ been sure why. Perhaps now I know. Part of the lyrics go like this….

I can count a million time
People asking me how
I Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was change
Long before these rainy day
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these time
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that bring
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

Each time I hear this song, I pray that it be true in our lives. Unfortunately though, we’re never really sure if it’s true until life brings us pain. But tonight with tears in our eyes, but joy in our hearts we clearly say “if that’s what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain.”

Thanks to each of you who have prayed with us through this. Please continue to pray for this little boy in China.


-Mike, Guest Contributor in Darcy's little blogging world


No comments:

Post a Comment