Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What a journey...


























Some then and now photos....

Ryan has been a part of our family for 2 years today. It is amazing the journey God has taken us on and we can not imagine life without our lil' fella! I know that we have said this a lot, but we can't say it enough...Ryan has brought that little spark of energy and that contagious laughter to our family! I have been involved in a bible study on Wednesday nights at our church for the last 8 weeks or so. I felt like I was being so redundant when answering the questions in the workbook as many of them brought me back somehow to a response that involved our adoption of Ryan. But, you know what... I can honestly say that God revealed Himself to me in more ways than I could have ever have imagined through the adoption of Ryan. Only one other time can I say that I have learned as much about God as I have through Ryan's adoption. That involved our journey from Texas to Kentucky. What I do need to note is that neither of these journeys were simple or expected. They were not without conflict and struggle. But, I can say that God knows us and will do whatever it takes to get us where He wants us. I am in awe of how God can take one situation or circumstance to teach us so many valuable lessons! We have seen God move mountains to bring our family together and today is another reminder of how blessed we are to have Ryan in our lives. Eleven years ago, we were unsure if we would ever have children and look at us now. God has blessed us threefold!

No comments:

Post a Comment