Sunday, May 2, 2010

Overwhelmed!

That is me... Really trying not to be, but am nonetheless. After a week and a half of waiting, we spoke to the doctor's office in CA regarding Ryan's surgeries. I was half crazy (okay, maybe more than half crazy) waiting for them to return my calls last week and began questioning whether or not we should even be walking down this path. It was merely my lack of patience and anxiousness to get the ball rolling in MY time! Thankfully, God's timing is perfect and the woman called while Mike was home. She was so nice and even though our hearts are heavy over how we are going to make this happen, we know that God already knows the plan. Earlier that day, I was frustrated beyond belief and decided that I was just going to go ahead and send in the CT scan and audiogram to them. I knew the doctor would need these to review in order to assess whether or not Ryan was a candidate for aural repair (canalplasty - creating the ear canal, ear drum, etc) and figured someone would have to call me then. Yep, me trying to gain some sense of control. Well, those should arrive in CA tomorrow and the doctor will be in on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Hopefully, he will have time to review them this week and then we will know what our options are for Ryan. I know without a doubt that God is going to teach me some valuable lessons through this whole experience. Whether we are able to go through this entire journey or not he is going to teach me the lessons that He wants me to learn! Just knowing some of our "road blocks" I know that we are going to have to lean and trust Him more than we may ever have before...

No comments:

Post a Comment